Certain things bear repeating.
And this Brown Sugar Bacon is one of them.
A few weeks ago at our Tailgating Brunch one of the most popular dishes was the Brown Sugar Bacon. Everyone gobbled it up. I've made it before many times- even for a event with 100 people in attendance (don't let anyone tell you that Church Ladies can't eat some cured and sweetened pork products!) and every single time it's been a rousing success.
This takes the goodness of bacon to an entirely elevated level.
I know many of you are preparing to cook for family and friends as Thanksgiving approaches, and thought you might enjoy making this super simple and tasty dish to serve. You'll be the object of many people's thanks!
1) Prepare the pan: I use a cookie sheet that has been carefully lined with foil. On top of the foil I place a cookie/cake cooling rack.
2) Place as many strips of thick sliced bacon as you can on the rack. Try to make sure the strips are not touching.
(Also, please try to take a better photo.)
3) Sprinkle the strips with coarsely ground black pepper.
4) Then generously sprinkle with brown sugar!
That's it! Three ingredients!
5) Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
6) Let cool, and then break each strip in half. (At least do this to the ones you don't immediately eat.)
You'll love it- guaranteed!